Sunday, March 2, 2008

Stage 1: Designing an e-portfolio

It's quite difficult to get a free web to host the e-portfolio (or perhaps I couldn't find one). Therefore I decided to use an alternative , rather than keep on searching for it. I bought a book on " Create Your Own Website" by Scott Mitchell. Fortunately, eventually I got the idea on how to create an e portfolio since it is more less the same as creating a website.

Firts, I prepare the content of the e portfolio and devide it according to a sub topic. I did refer to Harold Poong e portfolio in order to give me a picture and idea. Therefore, I decided to devide the sub into: personal details, teacher experiences, personal development, co-curricular activities, lesson plans and notes, elt links, forum and link to this blog.

After decide on the content and categorized it, I started to design the frontpage. To be able to this, I use the Macromedia DreamWeaver MX. It is a very challeging task since I am not particularly expose and involve in using that software. However, I am able to learn and design the front page. I also managed to design every single page for each sub category, even though it took a very long time to complete it. I nearly frustrated during the designing process coz it took a lot of efforts and very time consuming. I always tell myself that this is for my own development and satisfaction. At the same time I set in my mind that this is only the beginning to develop my own professionalism.

No comments: