Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Finally


At the end off all my readings, I realize that professional development is a career long endeavor. To be called ‘professional’, we must develop our professionalism continuously, without relying on the schools or department to provide opportunities for us. Therefore, I should grab the opportunity and search the way to develop my own professionalism. Me myself, should be the sources of renewal and continuance.
Through out developing this e-port folio, I realize that the process that I have gone through designing, developing and maintaining the e portfolio, from the beginning until I manage to complete it, is more less the same as the process that I am going through now- developing myself to be a better teacher, not only to give benefits to my students but also give me the satisfaction of being a teacher. I have learned many things via this assignment- thanks to Dr Edwin for assigning this assignment in the first place. In order to produce this e- portfolio, I discovered many things about myself. However, I am still trying to find other ways to improve myself, and once I discover the way, I will discover myself. I admit that there are still so many weaknesses in myself but there is still room for improvement for me. The choice is mine , either to become a better person and teacher OR remain the same.
I am sure after this I will still continue maintaining my e –portfolio. I plan to upload few other teaching resources and create different pages for other subjects that I am teaching now. I would also want to add a forum and invite my students to join and chat, to be able to see and understand themselves as a student. Through the comments and feedback given from my friends and Dr Nooreen, I got more energy and idea to improve this e –portfolio.

Thanks to all!!

No comments: