Friday, June 21, 2013

It's a relief

Alhamdulillah, after all the struggles I had for the past few months, I finally had passed my first stage of proposal defense, last Tuesday. Thank you Allah for making it ends with goodness.It was a tedious, exhausting process where I woke up as early as 4 in the morning to ensure I manage to complete the proposal. The first comment given by the reviewers was- it is really mind-boggling to read the proposal since it is 120 pages, including appendices. Still, I feel it is rather insufficient as I know that there are many other studies that I have not put in due to time constraint. Same goes to my sv and field sv where they also mentioned the same thing. Usually a proposal will be around 30-50 pages. Well, I guess giving more is better than less, right.

For the next 2 months, I will focus more on the papers that I am going to present this November and publishing my study. Hopefully in this 2 months I will be able to complete the submission to the conference and perhaps at least one complete paper for publication. It is quite frustrating because I had to cancel my plan to present my paper at Vietnam and Canada due to inappropriate time. Since hubby is also studying at the same time, it is really difficult to arrange time to go abroad. However, alhamdulillah I managed to attend MELTA conference at  Persada last month, with my family. Though I feel guilty as my husband had to look after the kids in the hotel room and preparing for his final exam at the same time, I guess it is worthwhile.
I also plan to collect data some time in September when the new semester begins.

And this weekend, I am giving myself a few days of break, to spend time with my family. Mak, Along and Angah are on their way to come here and it makes me so excited.

No comments: